White Belt Training
Whether you are seeking professional training or personal growth through movement, Nia training has something for you! The Nia Intensive experience empowers everybody to take their Nia practice and their life to the next level! Whether you want to know more about Nia, become a Nia Teacher, or have a week of dance and movement to connect with yourself, The Intensive is garaunteed to be transformational and educational.
Nia Trainings are offered in five unique levels. Everyone, regardless of experience, starts at the first level, White Belt. Subsequent Belts include Green, Blue, Brown, and Black.
The Nia White Belt Intensive lays the foundation for all Nia training and education. In White Belt, you are introduced to the first 13 principles of Nia focusing on the physical realm of the body.
During your training, you will be guided to place attention on your self, on your body, and on physical sensation, using movement to develop cognitive and somatic knowledge.
In the Nia White Belt, you will learn:
* A deeper understanding of self: knowing your body, mind, emotions and spirit.
* Techniques to sustain and increase pleasurable sensation in your body.
* Nia's nine movement forms: Jazz, Duncan, Modern Dance; Aikido, Tai Chi, Tae Kwon Do; The Alexander Technique, The Work of Moshe Feldenkrais® and Yoga.
* The 52 Moves of Nia: the language of conditioning and self-healing.
* How to work with the 8BC system: Developing listening skills to code and map music and sound.
* The practice of RAW: Relaxed, Alert, Waiting and what it means to be in "living meditation."
* How to stimulate movement creativity using the eight stages of FreeDance.
* The Body's Way method for moving and physical conditioning.
* How to listen to the voices of your body.
* How to move Your Body's Way.
* How to "create space."
* About your "witness" and how to use it as a tool for self-healing.
* How to create an optimal learning experience working with the Energy Allies.
* How to communicate what you sense in your body.
* Nia's business philosophy and creating a sacred livelihood based on your unique life purpose.
The $1599 USD price of the Nia White Belt Intensive includes:
* 7-day White Belt Intensive Training, including 50+ hours of somatic education
* 200+ page White Belt Learn book
* NiaNow DVD
* Subscription to Nia's monthly e-Newsletter
* Access to the Nia's online Community Forum
* Access to Nia's monthly public telecourses
* Nia White Belt (upon graduation)
* Nia Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of your White Belt Intensive Training, if you would like to continue your education and/or teach Nia in a fitness class or professional setting, you may do so by purchasing the Nia Livelihood Package for $520 USD, renewed annually.
For more detailed information about the White Belt Training visit www.NiaNow.com.
“The White Belt connects us profoundly to our bodies, bringing everything in our lives into focus. This training feeds your soul, through your body.” Holly Nastasi
The 13 Principles are:
Principle #1 - The Joy of Movement
Principle #2 - Natural Time & the Movement Forms
Principle #3 - Music & the 8BC System
Principle #4 - FreeDance
Principle #5 - Awareness
Principle #6 - The Base of the Body
Principle #7 - Three Planes of Movement & Intensity Levels
Principle #8 - The Core of the Body
Principle #9 - The Upper Extremities of the Body
Principle #10 - X-ray Anatomy
Prniciple #11 - Business & Marketing
Principle #12 - Continuing Education
Principle #13 - Teaching What You Sense
To register for any White Belt Training visit www.NiaNow.com.
The cost of the White Belt in New Mexico is $1688.98, including New Mexico tax. Register with your deposit of $500 at www.NiaNow.com.